Logistic Technician - Warehouse
Job Code: REF/HRS/SRF/17-0151
| Date Posted:
| Expiry Date:
Al Dhafra (DFRA)
Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of goods and computes inventory balance, price and costs Compile records, counts stock, material or merchandise on hand and posts totals to inventory records. Compares current inventory and prepare reports. Manages appropriate levels of supply and employ software for requisitions processing, warehouse management, shipping/transportation preparation. Uses computer for all kind of logistics functions and reports.
Will also be responsible to:
1. Compile records of amount, kind and value of merchandise, material or stock on hand.
2. Counts stock, material or merchandise on hand and posts totals to inventory records.
3. Compares inventories taken with office records or computes figures from office sales, equipment, shipping, production, purchase or stock records to obtain current inventory.
4. Maintain hardware and consumables necessary to support aviation operations. Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of goods and computes inventory balance, price and costs.
5. Prepare reports of inventory balances, prices and shortages.
6. Manages appropriate levels of supply; manages and directs receipt, storage, and issue of classes plus non-standard procurement items.
7. Employ software for requisitions processing, warehouse management, shipping/transportation preparation.
8. Uses computer to generate status on parts and materials ordered, kit and bench stock reports.
Oversee stock maintenance at or within prescribed levels and establish or adjust stock levels and reorder points using standard formulae and prescribed procedures.
9. Conduct physical inventories and adjust and /or maintain inventory, stock or property account records. Search catalogs, records, or other data sources to obtain or correct stock numbers or part numbers or to find authorized substitutes for stock items.
10. Operate computer terminals or personal computers to perform records search, data input, and data corrections.
11. Maintain an accurate accounting and reporting system for non-expendable property and perform standardized property management control processes.
12. Process documentation for stock item receipts, maintain such items in a storage area, issue material to shop or work center personnel, keep local stock records, reorder when stocks are low or at a specified reorder point, prepare standard reports such as variances between actual and estimated costs, and perform related stock receipt, storage, control, and issue functions for expendable and non-expendable items for a local organization.
13. Identify requirements and requisitions, issue, or distribute office and administrative supplies, forms, publications, or other printed materials.
14. Initiate, prepare, edit, and process requisitions to stock. Contact customers, supply organizations, transportation units, and others to obtain material status information, follow up on urgently required items, and/or expedite delivery of material to work sites.
15. Received and screen lists of supplies needed for planned programs or work operations, and collate and assemble lists of equipment and needed for acquisition plans.
- High School Graduate.
- Certified logistics course of instruction from civilian or military agency.
- Minimum of six years of actual experience in aviation supply operations.
- Must have has hands on training of a civilian or military automated supply systems.
- Must have hands on experience working in an aviation spare parts warehouse/store.